Call Today! 1-866-273-29111-866-273-2911 | Serving Atlantic Canada


Insuring Your Cool Stuff With Higgins Insurance

Have you recently purchased a new motorhome and plan on hitting the road this summer? Maybe you recently discovered your passion for jet skiing? Or maybe classic cars are more your style? It doesn’t matter where your interests lay – if you’ve invested in cool things like an ATV, motorcycle, or vacation property, then you need to insure all that cool stuff.

You’ve Worked Hard for Your Cool Stuff – Keep It Protected

Whether it’s summer fun or toys for a winter getaway, you’ve invested in your cool stuff, so you want to make sure you protect it adequately. Having the right insurance is essential to ensuring that you protect your investments. 

Searching for and purchasing isn’t an exciting task. However, it is one of those things you’ll regret not having in the case of an accident or natural disaster. After all, you never need insurance… until you do. It doesn’t matter if it’s a new home, a new rental you’ve invested in, or new recreational property – having the right insurance for your property can and will make all the difference. 

What “Cool Stuff” Can Be Insured?

That’s an easy one to answer! If you’ve invested in it, you can insure it! For example, here at Higgins Insurance, we insure cool stuff such as:

  • ATVs/UTVs (Safety Tips)
  • Boats
  • Classic Cars
  • Cottages/Rental Properties
  • Mobile/Mini Homes
  • Motorcycles (Safety Tips)
  • Motorhomes
  • Seasonal/Secondary homes
  • Snowmobiles (Safety Tips)
  • Travel Trailers
  • Tiny Homes

If you aren’t sure if you can insure your investment, it’s always best to ask. You may be surprised at what can and should be covered.

3 Ways to Insure All Your Cool Stuff 

There are a variety of ways to insure cool stuff with Higgins Insurance. Depending on where your cool stuff is categorized, you’ll want to consider these three types of insurance to get the absolute most out of your policy. 

Auto Insurance

When most individuals think of insurance, auto insurance is the first thing to come to mind. While auto insurance is a must-have for anyone with a vehicle they use daily, it is also a good idea for cool stuff, such as classic cars. 

Even if it’s not a vehicle that you utilize on a day-to-day basis, you want to ensure you are taking each of the necessary steps to protect your investments. There is a difference between traditional auto insurance and classic car insurance.

While you’ll still be offered the standard coverage options, such as liability for bodily injury/property damage, comprehensive coverage, and collision coverage, the use of your vehicle will determine your policy. 

For instance, a classic car isn’t defined as a policy holder’s primary vehicle. Instead, it is a secondary unit that requires minimal use. Other differences include agreed value coverage without appraisal, classic car expert claims support, course of rebuild coverage and more. additional coverage for auto show medical reimbursement, no attendance required coverage and coverage for spare parts.

Recreational Insurance

Recreational insurance is a policy that helps to protect your recreational property. This can include anything from motorhomes, motorcycles, a summer cottage, boat, or even a snowmobile. 

Depending on what cool stuff needs to be insured, policy owners often pair recreational insurance with either their auto or home insurance to ensure they are getting the most out of their coverage options. Depending on what type of recreational coverage you need, there are several coverage options you’ll want to consider, including:

  • Uninsured motorist coverage
  • Collision coverage
  • Property protection
  • Bodily injury liability
  • Property damage liability
  • Specialized coverages

It’s important to note, however, that while many policyholders may pair their home or auto insurance with recreational insurance, they are still two very different policies. For instance, your auto policy will not cover the same things should you crash your ATV. So, you must talk to a professional before settling on any insurance policy. 

Home Insurance

Sure, home insurance is a must-have if you own a home or are renting a condo or apartment. You know just how vital it is to protect your primary residence with the help of home insurance. However, did you know that you can and should include your other rental properties, secondary homes, and/or your vacation condo in your home insurance policy?

It doesn’t matter if it’s your primary residence, seasonal home, or even a mobile home – you need to protect your investments adequately. This is especially true for locations where you can’t be there to monitor all that is going on. 

Having the right home insurance can help protect you and your belongings from anything from water damage to theft and property damage. In some cases, your primary home insurance policy may cover a secondary home. So, you’ll want to revisit your policy.

There are many cases where your primary home insurance policy may not cover a secondary home. If that is the case, then you’ll want to make sure your policy covers not only the structure of your home but also includes personal liability coverage. Many homeowners choose an umbrella insurance policy, along with other supplemental insurance policies to cover things such as natural disasters. 

Insure Your Cool Stuff with Higgins Insurance Today

It doesn’t matter what you’ve invested in, insuring your cool stuff is an absolute must. Here at Higgins Insurance, we care about you and your investments. So, let our team help you get the right coverage to help protect both you and your cool stuff. 

If you have a question about insuring your cool stuff, then contact us today or call our office at either 1-506-849-7800 or 1-866-273-2911. Our dedicated team of professionals is here to help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *