We are lucky in New Brunswick to have beautiful scenery no matter where we look, but getting out in nature on ATV trails is its own experience. Being able to take a day trip and explore nature and relax is one of life’s greatest pleasures. This season, hop on your quad and take a ride to some of the best ATV trails in the Maritimes area.
ATV Trails in New Brunswick: Sackville Loop, NB is near Ogden Mill and is 55.23 miles long. This trail can be a moderately challenging ride, so be ready for a fun, long afternoon on the trails. The entire loop takes about 5 hours to ride. http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=12709261
Big Cove is another round trip in New Brunswick. This is over a full day ride. It’s a 70-mile ride and take an average time of 21 hours, so you’ll want to find a place to camp for the night or a hotel to rent a room. http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=11520837
Caledonia Mountain is for the skilled ATV rider. It is a very difficult ride and is over 60 miles long. Be prepared to be challenged by nature, if you consider tackling this ATV trail. http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=4857766
Now that you have some new ideas on where to ride, be sure you’re implementing some safety tips. Sometimes we all need a reminder of the basics!
- Be sure you’re ready to hit the ATV trails. Check your machine’s tire pressure, oil and coolant levels, and ensure that everything is working properly.
- Always wear protective clothing and sunscreen.
- Wear your helmet.
- Bring snack and non-alcoholic beverages for your ride!
- Bring a plastic bag with you to pick up your trash throughout the ride. Don’t leave anything on the trails.
- Be mindful of wildlife and nature and respect it. Don’t cause damage or harm to the world surrounding you.
- Bring a flashlight with you! You never know if you’ll need it.
For extra security during your ride, be sure to have insurance coverage for your recreational equipment. Accidents can happen, but with recreational insurance, you can shield yourself from the cost of damages. Enjoy nature without worrying about your equipment. Contact us at Higgins Insurance to learn more about recreational insurance before you hit the ATV trails.